Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Patriot/Hero of the Week

For this week's Heroes and Patriots, I am going to break a bit with the American part. Quiet back there, no one asked for your opinion. This is my blog, and I will do what I want. But seriously: Yesterday was the 40th anniversary of mankind's first steps on a celestial body other than Earth. I of course speak of the Apollo 11 moon mission. I am going to jump on the bandwagon a bit here, so this week's Heroes and Patriots honors all of the men and women, of all nations, that have and will, participate in the exploration of space. This post is not just for the ones who go to space, although a special shout out to those putting their butts on the line, but to all who help make it possible. You are all heroes of the planet and of the species. My hat's off to you all. I also want to put out a special rememberance for the fallen. All of those who gave their lives to further or knowledge and understanding.

No comments: