Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Professor Gates/Cambridge PD Incident

I have written a letter asking for Professor Gates' take on the events that led to his arrest and accusations of racial profiling on the part of a Cambridge, Massachusetts Police Sergeant. The contents of the letter are posted below. Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Professor Gates,
First, allow me to introduce myself. My name is &*^% $#@*!^%$. I am a blogger for a conservative blog titled Right Wing Extreme. I come from a very multicultural/ethnic family. Having seen the effect of racism first hand, I have very little tolerance for racism or the practitioners thereof. Having said that, I attempt to comment on racism when it rears its ugly head and through my blog bring it to my readers attention. In that vain, I am interested in the events that occurred on 7/16/2009 involving yourself and the Cambridge Police Department. The news articles are short on details, and my readers and I would like some clarification. I feel confident that your legal representative has prepared a written press statement. If possible I would like to receive a copy of said statement, if such exists. Additionally I wonder if you would consent to a short written interview conducted through e-mail. Racism is an ugly, ugly practice, and I hate to think that the men who are charged with protecting society from this sort of thing might be practitioners of such an act. Your response is greatly appreciated and anticipated.
Sincerely,
&*^% $#@*!^%$
Right Wing Extreme

I also have written a letter to the public information office of the Cambridge PD that e-mail is posted here as well.

To whom it may concern,

First, allow me to introduce myself. My name is &*^% $#@*!^%$. I am a blogger for a conservative blog titled Right Wing Extreme. I am interested in the events that occurred on 7/16/2009 involving the Cambridge Police Department and Professor Gates. The news articles are short on details, and my readers and I would like some clarification. I feel confident that your legal representatives have prepared a written press statement. If possible I would like to receive a copy of said statement, if such exists.Your response is greatly appreciated and anticipated.

Sincerely,
&*^% $#@*!^%$
Right Wing Extreme


I hope to hear from both sides in this incident soon, and bring you the results of these e-mails.

No comments: