Thursday, May 13, 2010

American Patrot/Hero of the Week

This story is brought to you via The Jawa Report.

Request: An American Soldier, PFC Andrew Richard Small

Not knowing this soldier I felt you could put into words better than I, you knew him personally.

He notes:

He was a good friend of my son, and one of the reasons my son chose to enlist, to help finish Andrew's work.
Tell your son, thank you for his service. God Bless Him and keep him safe.

AW1Tim

Private First Class Andrew R. Small, B co, 1/32 Infantry, 10th Mountain Division.

Andrew was a friend of my son, and lived up the road in Wiscasset, Maine. He was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2006, and his death was mourned through the area. Almost every store, business, church, school, had a message on their fronts, and hundreds lined the streets to view his funeral procession. His was a life of laughter, mischief, and love, not only with his family, but with his friends. They have started a memorial page on FaceBook, which you can see here.

19 years old. A small town kid. Many in this nation wonder where we are headed, and despair of our future when they read of the problems facing our youth. If Andrew was any sort of representation of America’s youth, then I’d say the nation will be in good hands. My son joined the Army in part as a tribute to his friend, to help finish the work that Andrew was a part of. I think that that is as good a reason as any for serving. It shows the respect others had for this young man.

In support of that assertion, I post below the Presidential Citation which accompanied Andrew’s Silver Star. Read it through, and then visit his FaceBook memorial and look at the pictures. God Bless them all.[ Read it all]

Indeed, God Bless them all, they are my heroes.

RIP PFC Andrew R. Small.

If you so choose, please join this Facebook group to honor this young man who gave his all:

PFC Andrew Richard Small (IN MEMORIUM)

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND DEATH TO HER ENEMIES!

No comments: