Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Soldier's Oath

"I, _____, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

In the summer of 1997 I raised my right hand and took this oath. At the time it was just words, but the seed of understanding was planted. Later, after the Army and I parted company, I began to understand the words, what the mean, and what they mean to me. First let's dissect this thing.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"
I pledged that I would defend, and to a soldier this means putting my own self between my homeland and war's desolation, the founding principles that this nation was founded on. No enemy was explicitly stated, but it was implied that this unnamed enemy was anyone who attacked, through any means, those principles, be they other Americans or people from elsewhere.

"that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same"

I affirmed that I meant these words with my heart of hearts, and that I would be loyal to this nation and those principles I mentioned earlier.

"and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice."

That would follow all lawful orders, as defined by the U.C.M.J., even if it would mean my death.

"So help me God."
That I would keep this oath, and in times of flagging faith, I was calling upon the aid from a power higher than myself.

As I said, I was a kid when I took this oath. We had dissected it in school, but I was unprepared for the weight of the thing as it came crashing over me. I took the oath and did my service, still not knowing what I had commit myself to.

Now I am older, and hopefully wiser. It is hard to think of myself as more foolish than the snot nosed punk I was. I now understand the oath and what it means. Some might say it is a little late to worry about it now. To them I say, where do you see any time limitations or expiration dates? The answer is, you don't.

While I am no longer in the service, and as such no longer have to take orders from anybody I do not grant that authority to, nor am I subject to the U.C.M.J., the rest applies until I die. As such it is my duty to identify the enemies of my nation, and bring about their demise.

We have many external enemies. most however are barely worth the waste of time to write about. There is the Potbellied dog-eating dictator in North Korea, or that whack-job Ahmadinejad over in Iran. Neither seems, to me, like a real credible threat at this time. Lob a few Tomahawk missiles when they aren't looking and it will all be over. China is somewhat of a threat, but by and large the ChiComms just want tomorrow to be pretty much like today. Terrorists are a threat, but vigilance and applied force has largely neutralized them for the nonce, but we still must be ready and waiting lest they drill us again.

So who is the most dangerous threat to our nation at this time? Some unknown terrorist group? Some nation-state laboring in secret to sneak a suitcase nuke into New York Harbor? Cobra Commander? No the greatest threat imperiling our nation is not massing on our borders, they are already here. The are the neo-lib leftists. Many of them have obtained power over our government structure. Several of them have obtained the highest levels of power. Our own leaders, including the president, are the greatest threat to freedom, the traditions of our nation and the principles America was founded upon.

This gang of idiots is a clear and present danger to the national security, freedom and The Constitution. They undermine our national credibility. The openly say they are not proud of this nation. They travel about the world apologizing for perceived wrongs we have perpetrated against the the peace, the world and the environment. They lie to us, cheat us and steal from us. This is not to say that there are not those on the right that have done all of this and more, but they have not done it as part of a concerted effort to undermine this greatest nation of earth.

As I said, I once gave my oath to defend this nation. I try everyday to denounce the lies of the left. I do not let them bully or pressure me. I do not back down in the face of their threats. Their cries of racism fall off of me like water from a duck's back. I know who and what I am, and no amount of sheep bleating will deter me. I also know who and what they are. They are an enemy to be destroyed. I choose at this time to attack with thoughts, words, logic and facts. I know this confuses and frightens them. A frightened enemy makes many mistakes that can be exploited.

Many are calling for armed revolution to take back our nation. I sympathize with these sentiments, but do not agree that our nation as so far gone as that. I call on my conservative brothers and sisters to step back from that position. We can still win by doing as we have been doing in the last month. Do not keep silent. Go to meetings. Force them to answer. When they evade, call them on it. When they lie, cram the truth of their lies down their throats. Expose them for the poltroons they are. Killing our brothers and sisters is a step we should not enter lightly into. It may become necessary to rise up with force of arms, but only after all other options are exhausted. A live enemy can always be made dead later, but a live friend and partner will build a society to greatness. Remember, we are the majority, and the only way we will lose is by our complicity and silence. We are silent no more. The Left has awakened the sleeping giant. The same giant that awoke and destroyed Germany and Japan. I also plead to you, do not go back to sleep. Each battle we win brings us closer to the prize, but only if we press the attack and proceed to victory. If we return to quiesence after the battle is won, we WILL lose the war for America.

To the Left I say, do NOT mistake these words for cowardice or timidity. If it came down to a choice of losing my freedom or cutting your throat, I would do so with no qualms, and my only regret would be that my nation has fallen so far that only blood will win her back. I will die on my feet before I beg on my knees.

No comments: