Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The RWE Response to the State of the Union

Here is my response to The Chosen One's State of the Union Address Lecture:

Madam Speaker, Vice President Biden, members of Congress, distinguished guests, and fellow Americans:

I am surprised, he could have sneaked another "my" into this speech in the first line and would have had the cover of tradition. Is he an American? I still have not seen a birth certificate.

Our Constitution declares that from time to time, the President shall give to Congress information about the state of our union. For 220 years, our leaders have fulfilled this duty. They've done so during periods of prosperity and tranquility. And they've done so in the midst of war and depression; at moments of great strife and great struggle.

Has he started reading the constitution, or did the speech writer just put that in.

It's tempting to look back on these moments and assume that our progress was inevitable -- that America was always destined to succeed. But when the Union was turned back at Bull Run, and the Allies first landed at Omaha Beach, victory was very much in doubt. When the market crashed on Black Tuesday, and civil rights marchers were beaten on Bloody Sunday, the future was anything but certain. These were the times that tested the courage of our convictions, and the strength of our union. And despite all our divisions and disagreements, our hesitations and our fears, America prevailed because we chose to move forward as one nation, as one people.

Again, we are tested. And again, we must answer history's call.
Is he saying what I think he is saying? Is he really calling for us to rise up and take our country back?

One year ago, I took office amid two wars, an economy rocked by a severe recession, a financial system on the verge of collapse, and a government deeply in debt. Experts from across the political spectrum warned that if we did not act, we might face a second depression. So we acted -- immediately and aggressively. And one year later, the worst of the storm has passed.
"So I am going to blame Bush, spend even more of your money, and tell you that it is all over while those evil banks are repossessing your house."

But the devastation remains.
I thought the worst had passed, guess you were just kidding.

One in 10 Americans still cannot find work.
Unemployment is much closer to 18% than 10%.

Many businesses have shuttered. Home values have declined. Small towns and rural communities have been hit especially hard. And for those who'd already known poverty, life has become that much harder.
And what have you done to help? Not a damn thing as far as I can tell.

This recession has also compounded the burdens that America's families have been dealing with for decades -- the burden of working harder and longer for less; of being unable to save enough to retire or help kids with college.
Not to mention paying for deadbeats who will not get jobs or stand on their own two feet.

So I know the anxieties that are out there right now. They're not new. These struggles are the reason I ran for President. These struggles are what I've witnessed for years in places like Elkhart, Indiana; Galesburg, Illinois. I hear about them in the letters that I read each night. The toughest to read are those written by children -- asking why they have to move from their home, asking when their mom or dad will be able to go back to work.
Yeah, a millionaire feels my pain. Is it just me, or is he especially long winded?

For these Americans and so many others, change has not come fast enough. Some are frustrated; some are angry. They don't understand why it seems like bad behavior on Wall Street is rewarded, but hard work on Main Street.....................................
Agggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Shut Up! Shut up! SHUT UP!!!! I am so tired of listening to this ass. Allow me to summarize. Lies, lies, promises I have no intention of keeping, inane idiocy, bipartisanship so the peepul can blame them too, aaaaaaand oh yeah, it's Bush's fault. [Big Smile]

The man is still campaigning and not leading. Three more years of this might be more than I can take.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Right Wing Extreme said...

Anon 2/1,
Thank you for reading and I am glad I could help.