Monday, January 17, 2011

Blog Recommendation

I have been extremely busy of late. I am moving my family from my cozy, conservative corner of Oregon, right into the heart of darkness near the Oregon coast and the liberal hell of California. I did meet an interesting individual here. He is a lib, but I meet all sorts on the journey of life, and there is more to life than politics so I do not let something like that interfere with meeting new people. This guy is soon to be off to Africa to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. HOW COOL IS THAT?!? Part of this venture is an attempt to raise funds for the children that live at the foot of the mountain for food and education. I rarely support causes, especially outside the United States, but this is a worthy goal. With the upcoming move, and the nearly five hundred mile weekly, weekend commute, I have little in the way of money to help support this venture. Despite my perpetually broke status, at least it fells that way, there are other ways support a good cause. Having said that, here is my small effort to support a worthy cause. I highly recommend that you check out this site, and if you feel up to it and have the means, then please consider making a donation and help support the cause. I have also included a link in my "Other Blogs of Interest" section. If you can find the time, I also recommend reading the near daily blog detailing the author's training for his ascent. I have to admit to a small amount of jealousy. I would love the opportunity to climb a mountain like that if it was not for the whole pesky crippled leg, smoking and being out of shape things. I hope all have had a great Christmas season and I plan to return to writing on my normal schedule tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mr. Mcgranor said...

Thanks for the information. For the record i do not support Israel and the upheavel in the mid-east in the name of cultural autonomy is a-1.

Right Wing Extreme said...

Whitey,
I do not know what Israel has to do with this post, but ok. I do agree the the unrest in the middle-east is a good thing. It is the god given right of all men to be free. What we are seeing in the sand-box is people who have to long labored under the oppressive yoke of tyranny fighting to take back their natural rights from thieves and thugs who have, by force, stolen those rights. I wish them safety and luck in their efforts to reclaim their birth-right and once again become free men. This warning though: If these people do go the route of the radical, then beware, the American People will not tolerate more attacks on our homeland, and we will demand blood if your bring war to our shores.